Saturday, November 29, 2008

LIFE: Turkey Bowl 15


On Thanksgiving for the last 15 years we have all gathered on the field to play a football game. This year was Turkey Bowl 15. This will go down as one of the best games we have ever played. The score went back and forth the entire time. I threw 4 touchdown passes and ended the game with an interception for my team as we won 28-21.

Besides the score, the stats, the most important thing was that we all had fun playing it, just as we do every year, just as we have and just as we always will. The Turkey Bowl is a tradition in my family, although we dont have many, this is one of our more sacred ones. I already can't wait for next year so i can play it again.

If i had to sit down and come up with a list of my top ten most fun moments of my entire life, several of the Tukey Bowls would make that list. I know its just a game of football between family and friends and we laugh more than anything else, no one gets hurt or cries or gets mad or upset. Ill never stop playing this game, ill lace up my spikes when im 80 if i have to.

No comments: